Sunday, September 8, 2013

"discover what you want to say"


My invention and arrangement process was pretty good considering it was the first time I had used it with analyzing an advertisement. The invention took some time and many steps to come out with the right arrangement. At first I just typed all of my ideas out and then eventually set it into an order where it flowed and made sense. I went back over and over again adding and expanding to my paragraphs and their ideas. Once I got to my third draft I was at a roadblock where I didn’t know what else I could add or do to make it better. That’s where the peer workshop came in handy.

I got a lot of good feed back from the people in my group that really helped and reassured me. This way of writing didn’t just help me but also my writing. I learned ways I could elaborate without repeating myself over and over. It also helped me understand things and explain them better. Having a timeline of drafts and workshops also helped.

I don’t procrastinate things until the day before they are due, but the required drafts helped me stay on top of my essay. If we didn’t have mandatory drafts, blog post, or workshops I probably would of started the essay the day we got it but then wouldn’t pick it back up until the week before it was due. The mandatory drafts and workshops defiantly made my essay better than it would have been if I had started it a week before.

At first I was really scared but at the end I really liked the way we did things in the unit one essay. All the mandatory drafts and workshops showed me I wasn’t writing this essay alone and there was others probably going threw the same struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment