Sunday, October 6, 2013

Nothing goes away...


On Facebook I present myself as a college student. I have many pictures of the football games and the places around campus. I also talk about the stress I'm under. I think I also present my self as a family person. I have tons of pictures of my family and me. My cover photo is of two elephants, one is big and one is a baby holding its moms tail with its trunk. I think this say that I am an animal/nature person, which is pretty accurate. My more recent pictures before coming to college consist of my family and I. Both my dad and brother are in their uniforms. I think this represents someone who is patriotic and diverse. I also have a few pictures of me kissing a stingray in the Grand Caymans. This represents a person who is adventurous. I have a lot of posts about Auburn, which represents a huge amount school sprit. I think I portray my self very accurately on Facebook. I don't feel like I have a responsibility to maintain a social media presence. I do feel that I need to censor sometimes because I do have family on Facebook as well and if I have a future employer look at it, I don't want to be judged by the words I use to express myself, but it's not going to kill me to censor myself because it makes me a better person. If my future employer handed me a print out of my most recent Facebook post I would most definitely still get the job. I don't put anything on the Internet I wouldn't want my parents or grandparents to see. Its not just for employers its for me too, because no matter what you post or delete, it's never going to go away. It's better to be safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment